Terms & Conditions
WORSHOPS & EVENT BOOKINGS
1. If you need to cancel your booking within 21 days of the workshop/event no refund is payable. (If however we can resell your place we will refund your payment to you less a £25 admin fee)
2. Outside of 21 days of the date of the workshop/event we will provide a full refund less a £25 admin fee.
3. In any event that it is necessary for us to cancel your workshop/event we will offer a full refund or offer an alternative suitable date for you to attend.
4. Gift Vouchers are non refundable nor can Gift Vouchers be exchanged for cash. Our gift vouchers expire after 12 months from the purchase date. Gift Voucher Holders who reserve a confirmed place on a workshop will be subject to terms 1 - 3 above.
The content provided by us in our Online Masterclasses is solely for your own educational purposes only. All information on the Site is copyright of The Artisan Bakehouse and provided in good faith that content will not be re-shared, downloaded or copied without our consent. We have measures in place to detect misuse and your purchase will be cancelled and password blocked should there be a breach in these terms.
1. Accommodation available at The Artisan Bakehouse ("the Property") is offered for holiday rental subject to confirmation by L Nicholson ("the Owner") to the renter ("the Client").
2. Prices include electricity, gas, supply and laundry of bed linen, towels and t-towels. Swimming towels must be provided by guests. (Please bring your own towels for swimming)
3. To reserve the Property, the Client should complete, sign and return the Booking Form together with payment of the initial non-refundable 20% deposit. Following receipt of the Booking Form and deposit, the Owner will send a confirmation invoice and statement. This is the formal acceptance of the booking.
4. The balance of the rent is payable not less than eight weeks before the start of the rental period. If payment is not received by the due date, the Owner reserves the right to give notice in writing that the reservation is cancelled. The Client will remain liable to pay the balance of the rent unless the Owner is able to re-let the Property. In this event, Clause 6 of these Booking Conditions will apply. Reservations made within eight weeks of the start of the rental period require full payment at the time of booking.
5. A security deposit of £150 is required in the case of losses or damage to the property or its contents. However, the sum reserved by this clause shall not limit the Client's liability to the Owner. We reserve the right to pre-authorise a charge of £150 to your card to cover any damages to the accommodation and its contents or our property as a whole due to guest misuse or negligence. A pre-
authorisation places a request to your card issuer to hold a specified amount only; the amount is not deducted from your account. If any damages are identified, the charges will be added to your account and your Security Deposit will be adjusted from Pre-authorised to Charge. The full amount of the Security Deposit will be charged to your card for any and all necessary repairs and or replacements required. If the Security Deposit does not cover the damages caused, you will be invoiced for all amounts over and above the £150 Security Deposit. Receipts/quotes will be supplied on request. It the Security Deposit exceeds the level of damage caused, you will be refunded the difference once all repairs and replacements have been finalised. If no damages are reported, the pre-authorisation of your Security Deposit will be cancelled.
6. Subject to Clauses 3 and 4 above, in the event of a cancellation 8 weeks or less before the rental period, refunds of the amounts paid will only be made if the Owner is able to re-let the Property, and any expenses or losses incurred in so doing will be deducted from the refundable amount. Should the Client need to terminate the stay early, there will be no reimbursement of rent. The Client is strongly recommended to arrange a comprehensive travel insurance policy (including cancellation cover) and to have full cover for personal belongings, public liability, accident or other unforeseen eventualities since these are not covered by the Owner’s insurance.
We recommend purchasing Covid-19 inclusive insurance cover (Coverwise seem to have the best) in case of government restrictions affecting the area in which you (the customer) is based but not the accommodation’s own location.
7. The rental period shall normally commence on a Friday at 4pm and finish on a Friday at 10am. The Owner shall not be obliged to offer access to the site, facilities or accommodation before the time stated and the Client shall not be entitled to remain in occupation after the time stated. However, wherever possible, the Owner will endeavour to accommodate the needs of the Client.
8. The maximum number of people to reside in the Property must not exceed that stated in the Property information details unless the Owner has given permission.
9. The Client agrees to be a considerate tenant and to take good care of the Property and on departure it must be left clean and tidy, in the same state of cleanliness as found on arrival. The Owner reserves the right to make a retention from the security deposit to cover additional cleaning costs if the Client leaves the Property in an unacceptable condition. The Client also agrees not to act in any way which would cause disturbance to neighbouring residents.
10. The Client agrees not to use the rental agreement to benefit in any way from any third party, person or enterprise unless by written agreement from the Owner.
11. The Owner is unable to accept the Client's domestic pets during the rental period. The Client accepts that a 'No Smoking' policy inside the property is in operation.
12. The Client shall report to the Owner without delay any defects in the Property or breakdown in the equipment, plant, machinery or appliances in the Property and grounds. The Owner will arrange for repair and/or replacement to be made as soon as possible.
13. The Owner shall not be liable to the Client:
for any temporary defect or stoppage in the supply of public services to the Property nor in respect of any equipment, plant, machinery or appliances in the Property or grounds.
for any loss, damage or injury which is the result of adverse weather conditions, riots, strikes or other matters beyond the control of the Owner.
for any loss, damage or inconvenience caused to or suffered by the Client if the property shall be destroyed or substantially damaged for any reason whatsoever before the start of the rental period. In any such event, the Owner shall, within thirty days of notification to the Client, refund to the Client all sums previously paid in respect of the rental period.
for any loss, damage or injury caused by the Client's use of the accommodation, amenities or to the Client's vehicles and belongings or incurred by the Client during any activities.
14. Under no circumstances shall the Owner’s liability to the Client exceed the amount paid in respect of the rental period.
15. Whilst every effort has been made to ensure that the details provided are accurate, the representations and details shall not give rise to any liability on the part of the Owner. Every effort will be made to notify any changes in the details prior to the commencement of the holiday.
16. This contract shall be governed by English law in every particular including formation and interpretation and shall be deemed to have been made in England. Any proceedings arising out of or in connection with this contract may be brought in any court of competent jurisdiction in
England. The Client shall signify his acceptance and agreement of the
Terms & Conditions by indicating in the appropriate place on the Booking Form.